Da Capo Press
||9.06" l x 5.99" w x 0.90"
An accessible, thorough explanation of hormones from A to Z, specifically how they relate to each other, how and why they become imbalanced, and how women can restore that balance.
Internationally renowned Doctor of Oriental Medicine Claudia Welch breaks through the secrets behind hormonal health using the principles of Ayurveda (popularized in the West by Deepak Chopra) and the holistic sensibility of Dr. Christiane Northrup. Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life gives women the essential tools to achieve the perfect balance between their yin (sex hormones) and yang (stress hormones), and between the body and the mind.
You'll find the information you need to restore your body's natural harmony, including:
• Tips to help heal your most pressing concerns, from menstrual pain to infertility, menopause, and breast and heart health
• The best foods to eat for optimal health and wellness
• Natural sleep secrets
• What to do when you are just feeling crummy
• How stress sabotages hormonal balance
• Practical, easy-to-adopt stress-management techniques