||8.54" l x 5.74" w x 0.92"
The star of Bravo's breakout scripted comedy Odd Mom Out shares her razor-sharp wit and backhanded wisdom in a deeply observed and outrageously funny collection of musings, lists, essays, and outrages.
From her unique lingo (things don't simply frighten her, they "M. Night Shyamalan her out") to her gimlet-eyed view of narrow-mindedness, to her morbid but curiously life-affirming parenting style, Jill Kargman is nothing if not original. In this hilarious new book, the sharp-elbowed mother of three turns her unconventional lens on life and death and everything in between, including
* the politically correct peer pressure she felt from the new moms in her hood, the women who provided the grist for the mill of her hit television show
* the evolution of her aesthetic from Miami Vice vibrant (a very brief flirtation) to Wednesday Addams-meets-rocker chic
* her deep-seated New Yorker's discomfort with moving vehicles that aren't taxis and subways (a.k.a. "suburban panic disorder")
* the family obsession with reading obituaries for their medical revelations and real estate news value
* the reasons why, in a land of tan-orexic baby-oil beach bakers, she chooses to honor the valor of her ghostly pallor
From a hellish visit to the Happiest Place on Earth to her unusual wedding night with Russell Crowe to her adrenaline-pumping Gay Pride parade experience, Sprinkle Glitter on My Grave is as wonderfully indecent and entertaining as a spring break road trip with your best friend. Assuming your best friend is the kind of gal who still wears a motorcycle jacket to pick up the kids at school.