||8.31" l x 5.53" w x 0.69"
From the creator of the popular website Ask a Manager and New York magazine’s work-advice columnist comes a witty, practical guide to navigating 200 difficult professional conversations - featuring all-new advice!
There’s a reason Alison Green has been called “the Dear Abby of the work world.” Ten years as a workplace-advice columnist have taught her that people avoid awkward conversations in the office because they simply don’t know what to say. Thankfully, Green does - and in this incredibly helpful book, she tackles the tough discussions you may need to have during your career. You’ll learn what to say when:
• coworkers push their work on you - then take credit for it
• you accidentally trash-talk someone in an email then hit “reply all”
• you’re being micromanaged - or not being managed at all
• you catch a colleague in a lie
• your boss seems unhappy with your work
• your cubemate’s loud speakerphone is making you homicidal
• you got drunk at the holiday party